|What's New in PV Elite and CodeCalc 2012|
Below is a detailed information on all the updates that are included in this release, click below to learn more:
Code Updates and Analysis Changes in PV Elite
Code Updates in CodeCalc
QA Validation and Verification
Code Updates and Analysis Changes in PV Elite:
- ASME Section VIII Division 1 and Division 2 2011a new code updates are incorporated. The updates include:
- Using the operating bolt load per UHX.
- Removal of calculations per UG-32(b)
- ASME Appendix 41, EIH support plates is now included.
- The nozzle analysis in Division 2 was modified.
- The fatigue curves in Division 2 have also been modified and 1 has been removed.
- Flange ratings are now the same for 'large' and 'small' diameter ANSI flanges.
- ASME VIII-2 code changes have been implemented.
- Updates to ASME Division 1 material databases (Tables 1A and 1B).
- Updates to ASME Division 2 material databases (Tables 5A and 5B).
- Updates to ASME Yield stress database.
- PD 5500:2009 Code changes are implemented.
- Implementation of ASME item code case 2695 (Div 1 using Div 2 formulas and Div 1 allowables).
Code Updates in CodeCalc 2012 (PV Elite's component analysis module):
- ASME Section VIII Division 1 and Division 2011a new code updates are incorporated. The updates include:
- ASME part UHX for shell and tube heat exchangers (operating bolt load requirements).
- Updated ASME Division 1 material database (Tables 1A and 1B)
- Updated ASME Division 2 material database (Tables 5A and 5B)
- Updated yield stress database
- PV Elite® now includes the ASME pure-metric yield stress database.
- The Mexican wind code is now updated to the 2008 version.
- The ASCE 7-2010 wind code has been implemented.
- The ASCE 7-2010 seismic code has been implemented.
- The NBC 7-2010 wind code has been implemented.
- The NBC 7-2010 seismic code has been implemented.
- MCE (Maximum Considered Earthquake) analysis per India's IS-1893 is now included.
- PV Elite now includes the metric ANSI flange ratings.
- Highlighting of ASME VIII-1 note G5 materials.
- Automatic insertion of flange groups/grades for all ASME materials.
- An option in ASME VIII-1 nozzle analysis to not use areas in any of the welds.
- The ASME metric databases can now be the default at startup.
QA Validation and Verification:
- The example problems in ASME publication PTB-3 (Div 2 problems solution manual) are now included.
- There are now approximately 50 new QA problems in the benchmark solution set
New Features in 2012 R1:
- Expansion Joint Calculations for U-shaped and Toroidal bellows per EN-13445.
- European structural steel database added.
- European Nozzle Load Table included.
- "Nicer" metric defaults (mm units).
- Local Stress Calculations per EN-13445.
- Some "popular" ASME materials added to the EN-13445 database
The updates in CodeCalc (PV Elite's Component Analysis Module) 2012 are:
1. ASME Section VIII Division 1 and Division 2011a new Code updates are incorporated. The updates include:
- ASME part UHX for Shell and Tube heat Exchangers (operating bolt load requirements)
- Updated ASME Division 1 Material Database (Tables 1A and 1B).
- Updated ASME Division 2 Material Database (Tables 5A and 5B).
- Updated Yield Stress database.